Areas of Expertise
Classical geometry; differential geometry; singular space geometry
Current Interests and Activities
My recent and current research interests are extremal problems for curves in various spaces. In fact, the types of problems of my interest include, but not limited to, worm’s blanket problem, opaque problems, upper/lower curve length estimates, and extension of concepts applied in well-structured spaces such as the Euclidean spaces or differentiable manifolds to those with less-structured spaces such as spaces of Alexandrov curvature bounded above or below.
The challenging part of these problems stem from the fact that only a limited number of tools exist for researchers to use. We’d rather need to develop our own tools to handle the irregularity.
- M. Chudtong and C. Maneesawarng, An upper length estimate for curves in CAT(K) spaces, East-West Journal of Mathematics 18 (1) 2016, 1-26.
- A. Sama-Ae, W. Karuwannapat and C. Maneesawarng, A lower bound for total curvature of a closed curve in a CAT(K) spaces, JP Journal of Geometry and Topology, 12 (3) 2012, 243-262.
- C. Maneesawarng and Y. Lenbury, On local quadratic subconvexity of metrics and rectifiability of B´ezier curves in CAT(K) spaces, Nonlinear Studies, 18 (3) 2011, 1-10 .
- S. Talwong, C. Maneesawarng, B. Sroysang and W. Wichiramala, Planar soap bubbles on a half plane for three and four areas with equal presure regions, East-West Journal of Mathematics, special volume 2010, 110-128.
- A. Sama-Ae and C. Maneesawarng, Geometry of curves on spheres in CAT(K) spaces, Southeast Asian Bulletin of Mathematics, 32 2008, 759-770.
- W. Karuwannapatana and C. Maneesawarng, The lower semi-continuity of total curvature in spaces of curvature bounded above, East-West Journal of Mathematics, 9(1) 2007, 1-9.
- A. Sama-Ae and C. Maneesawarng, Sectional curvature of spheres in complete Riemannian manifolds of non-positive curvature, Thai Journal of Mathematics, 5(3) 2007, special issue, 147-154.
- C. Maneesawarng and Y. Lenbury, Total curvature and length estimate for curves in CAT(K) spaces, Differential Geometry and Its Applications, 19(2) 2003, 211-222.
- Y. Lenbury and C. Maneesawarng, Parameter Space Classification of Solutions to a Mathematical Model for the Cortisol Secretion System in Normal Man, in Biomedical and Life Physics, Dhanjoo N. Ghista (Ed.) (Vieweg Publishing House, Weisbaden, Germany), 33-48.
- Y. Lenbury and C. Maneesawarng, Parameter Space Classification of Solutions to a Mathematical Model for the Cortisol Secretion System in Normal Man, in The 2nd Gauss Symposium: International Conference in Medical Physics and Mathematics., Munich, Germany. August 2-6, 1993. 56.