B.Sc. Actuarial Science (International Program)
Program Title: Bachelor of Science Programme in Actuarial Science (International Programme)
Degree: Bachelor of Science (Actuarial Science), B.Sc. (Actuarial Science)
This programme will train a student to be an actuary who is the analytical backbone of our society’s financial security systems, more heavily represented in the financial service sector, including insurance companies, commercial banks, investment banks and retirement fund agencies.
- To provide highly qualified graduates in actuarial science, who are equipped with the necessary skills in Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Economics, Accounting, Law, Computing and Demographics as well as English to prepare the graduates for employment in international organizations.
- To prepare the graduates for employment as financial advisors in commercial organizations involving insurance, superannuation funds, banks, other financial institutions and government agencies.
- To produce graduates with social responsibility, leadership, ethics, who apply their knowledge for the benefit of humankind.
- To support economic growth, and enhance the country’s competitive capability in the financial world.
- To produce graduates with extensive knowledge in actuarial systems in Thailand and at the international level. Students who complete their study at Curtin University, Australia, will gain experience and have knowledge from curriculum recognized by the Institute of Actuaries of Australia.
A candidate must:
- Hold a high-school (Grade 12) diploma or its equivalence by the time of enrollment.
- Pass the entrance examination in Mathematics given by the Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science, Mahidol University.
- Demonstrate his/her proficiency in listening, speaking, reading, and written English by passing an English examination given by the Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science, Mahidol University, OR provide evidence of an English test score,
– TOEFL score not less than 500 (paper based) or 173 (CBT) or 61 (iBT)
– IELTS score not less than 6
– Other equivalent test
– Test date must be within 2 years of the admission date.
- Must not have contagious disease or serious illness or unsound mind.
- Completed Application Form
- A one inch applicant photo
- Official Academic Transcript
- Personal Statement giving future plans of study and career (100 – 150 words)
- Recommendation letter from student’s adviser or person of authority, stamped with the school’s official seal
- Test score (if any): at least 500 TOEFL (PBT), 173 TOEFL (CBT), 61 TOEFL (iBT), 6 IELTS, or other equivalent test scores, within 2 years of application date.
- Evidence of application fee payment from the bank (official copy). The applicant should also keep a copy of this document.
Note: application fee of 1000 Baht for each applicant is to be paid by transferring into the bank account named “ACTUARIAL SCIENCE”, at the SIAM COMMERCIAL BANK, Ramathibodi Branch, Account number: 026-4-46748-4 (in case that the online payment system error)
Documents must be submitted to the Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science, Mahidol University, Rama VI Road, Ratchathewi, Bangkok 10400
- An academic year is run under Mahidol University semester system composed of two regular semesters (16 weeks) and a summer semester (6 weeks).
- A student must enroll and complete all the requirements of the Bachelor of Science Programme in Actuarial Science (International Programme) in order to qualify for the degree.
- A student who selects to obtain the double degrees must meet requirements as specified in the Student Articulation Principal Agreement between Curtin University and Mahidol University. In general, a student will take courses following the study plan and spends the first 5 regular semesters consecutively at Mahidol University, then studies at Curtin University for the last 3 regular semesters consecutively.
- **Selection requirements for Curtin University transfer can be found in this link
Duration of Study
The duration of study must not less than 3 years and no longer than eight years. The program is designed for the duration of three years and a half.
A student is required to register for a full – time study of no more than 23 credits each regular semester and no more than 8 credits in the summer semester.
To qualify for graduation, the student must accomplish the followings.
- The duration of study must not exceed 8 academic years.
- A Student must pass the subjects in accordance with the programme curriculum which has the minimum requirements of the 120 credits including;
- a minimum of 30 credits of general education courses
- a minimum of 84 credits of specific education courses
- a minimum of 6 credits of free elective courses
- A student must have a minimum grade point average of 2.00 (out of 4.00 grade point system) at the completion of the program.
Double Degree Mahidol-Curtin
Student who meet requirements as specified in the Student Articulation Principal Agreement between Curtin University and Mahidol University and passes all education requirements.
A student who carries out his or her studies entirely at Mahidol University will obtain a degree from Mahidol University only, provided the student passes all education requirements.
In the case that the student who chooses to obtain the double degrees does not complete satisfactorily all the required courses within the 3 semesters at Curtin University, the student can choose to continue his or her studies at Mahidol University. However, the student will obtain a degree from Mahidol University only, provided the student completes all the required courses and passes all graduation requirements. In this case, Mahidol University awards all academic records obtained during the study at Curtin University.
Assistant Professor Pairote Satiracoo, Ph.D.
For more information about B.Sc. Actuarial Science Programme,
please contact K.Natthawooth at 064-692-1716 or send email to email@example.com.
(this number is available during working day 8.30-16.30)