Application for Admission to Bachelor of Science Programme in Actuarial Science (International Programme) and Bachelor of Science Programme in Industrial Mathematics and Data Science (International Programme), Faculty of Science, Mahidol University, Academic Year 2021
The Faculty of Science, Mahidol University is accepting applications for enrollment and will hold an entrance examination to select students to be enrolled in the Bachelor of Science Programme in Actuarial Science (International Programme) and Bachelor of Science Programme in Industrial Mathematics and Data Science (International Programme) for the academic year 2021 as detailed below.
- Application Period
The application-filing period for the direct admission system by faculty of Science, Mahidol University (round 3), academic year 2021 opens March 15, 2021, and closes April 20, 2021. The online application is available at http://mathematics.sc.mahidol.ac.th/.
- Application Details
2.1 Applicants must meet the following requirements.
2.1.1 The applicant must earn a 12-year secondary education diploma (or equivalent) approved by the Ministry of Education of Thailand, by the time of enrollment into the Programme.
Certificate Equivalent to 12–year secondary education diploma
- An applicant who submits IGCSE must have GCE “AS” level or GCE “A” level with at least 3 different subjects and a minimum grade of C in each subject.
- An applicant who submits GED must pass 4 subjects with a minimum of 145 points in each subject.
- An applicant who submits an IB Diploma must pass 6 subjects with a total score of no less than 24 points, or an IB Diploma Course Results (IBCR) must pass 5 different subjects with no lower than Grade 3 in each subject.
2.1.2 The applicant must not have a contagious disease or serious illness or unsound mind which would be detrimental to his/her study.
2.1.3 The applicant must be hard-working, well-behaved with good manners.
2.1.4 It is the discretion of the Programme Committee to make the final decision in cases where the above conditions are not met.
2.2 Application Instructions
2.2.1 Prepare the following application documents. All required documents must be scanned in electronic format (.jpg or .pdf with size less than 2MB) and uploaded before the application deadline.
- Two one-inch photographs in school uniform or formal dress.
- Official academic transcript:
An applicant currently completing his/her study in secondary education will need to submit/upload an interim transcript of his/her courses/results so far. The applicant will later need to submit the final official transcript by the time of enrollment into the Programme.
An applicant completed and graduated from his/her study in secondary education will need to submit/upload the final official transcript.
- A personal statement giving plans of study and career (approximately 100 to 150 words).
- A recommendation letter from a teacher or advisor.
- A photocopy of the student identification card or passport.
- A photocopy of the student’s house registration. (if an applicant resides in Thailand)
- Test score (if any):
- Actuarial Science Programme: 500 TOEFL (PBT) or 173 (CBT) or 61 (IBT), 6.0 IELTS within 2 years of the application date.
- Industrial Mathematics and Data Science Programme: 6.0 IELTS, MU-TEST ≥ 45, SAT 400 within 2 years of the application date.
- Evidence of application fee in 2.3, i.e. payment slip from the bank.
2.2.2 Submit the application and application documents online at http://mathematics.sc.mahidol.ac.th/.
2.2.3 Applicants must also submit all documents and the pay-in-slip for application fee in 2.3 for application by mail to the following address before the application deadline. All photocopies must be signed as certified true copies.
Khun Natthawooth Siangdee (Direct Admission, Round 3)
The Department of Mathematics,
Faculty of Science, Mahidol University,
272 Rama VI Road, Ratchathewi, Bangkok 10400
2.2.4 After applying, an applicant who wishes to make an amendment must contact Khun Natthawooth Siangdee, the Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science, Mahidol University, 272 Rama VI, Ratchathewi, Bangkok by email, firstname.lastname@example.org, or telephone 0 2201 5340
2.3 Application fees
An application fee of 1,000 baht for each applicant is to be paid by transferring the fee into the bank account named “ACTUARIAL SCIENCE”, account number 026-4-46748-4, the Siam Commercial Bank, Ramathibodi Branch, with the evidence of the transfer included in the application package as described in the application deadline.
- Announcement of Students Eligible for Interview
April 26, 2021, at https://mathematics.sc.mahidol.ac.th/
May 1, 2021, details to be given at http://mathematics.sc.mahidol.ac.th/
- Announcement of Accepted Students
May 7, 2021, details to be given at http://mathematics.sc.mahidol.ac.th/
- Confirmation Period
Applicants who have received the offer of enrollment into the Bachelor of Science in Actuarial Science (International Programme)and the Bachelor of Science in Industrial Mathematics and Data Science (International Programme) must confirm their intention to enroll into the said Programme by reporting through TCAS system https://www.mytcas.com/ between May 10-11, 2021.
Successful applicants are also require to report themselves or by their parents between May 12-21, 2021 to get enrolled in the Bachelor Programme of study at the Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science, Mahidol University, Phayathai campus for paying the tuition and fees for the first semester of study in the academic year 2021.
March 15 – April 20, 2021
Announcement of eligible applicants
April 26, 2021
May 1, 2021
Announcement of accepted applicants
May 7, 2021
Confirmation report through TCAS system
May 10 – 11, 2021
Confirmation period at the Department
May 12 – 21, 2021
- English Competence Standards for Undergraduate Students of Mahidol University
Undergraduate students must pass the criteria set for the English competency prior to their graduation. This is considered one of the requirements for the approval of an undergraduate degree as stated in Mahidol University Regulations on Diploma and Undergraduate Studies (Issue 5) B.E. 2559 (2016) announced on May 30, 2016, and Mahidol University Announcement on English Competence Standards for Undergraduate Students of Mahidol University B.E. 2563 (2017) announced on September 24, 2020.
- Further Information
Please call the Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science, Mahidol University at 0 2201 5340 or send email to email@example.com