Thai/Foreign Applicants Residing in Thailand
The application filing period for the academic year 2019 (second round) admission opens March 25, 2019 and closes at 11:00 p.m. on April 19, 2019
1.The applicant must earn a 12-year secondary education diploma (or equivalent) approved by the Ministry of Education of Thailand, by the time of enrollment into the Programme.
Certificate Equivalent to 12-year secondary education diploma
a) An application who submits IGCSE must have
- IGCSE, GCSE or GCE “O” level with at least 5 different subjects and a minimum grade of C in each subject, or
- GCE “AS” level or GCE “A” level with at least 3 different subjects and a minimum grade of C in each subject.
b) An applicant who submits GED must pass 4 subjects with a minimum of 145 points in each subject.
2. The applicant must pass the entrance examination in Mathematics given by the Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science, Mahidol University.
3. The applicant must demonstrate his/her proficiency in listening, speaking, reading, and written English by passing an English examination given by the Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science, Mahidol University, unless 2.1.4 applies or provide evidence of an English test score,
- 1) Actuarial Science Programme: 500 TOEFL (PBT) or 173 (CBT) or 61 (IBT), 6.0 IELTS within 2 years of the application date.
- 2) Industrial Mathematics Programme: 6.0 IELTS, MU-TEST ≥ 45, SAT 400 within 2 years of the application date.
4. The applicant must not have contagious disease or serious illness or unsound mind which would be detrimental to his/her study.
5. The applicant must be hard working, well-behaved with good manners.
6. It is the discretion of the Programme Committee to make the final decision in cases where the above conditions are not met.
Thai/Foreign Nationals Residing Outside of Thailand
An applicant who resides outside Thailand during the examination period may mail the application form and accompanying documents together with the application fee to the address below without having to sit for the written exams. The Programme Committee will consider the applicant’s qualifications and suitability from submitted evidence.