My general research interests are
- High Performance Computing,
- PDE-Constained Optimization and
I am currently working on using the grid technology to implicitly solve the narrowband level set equation for a model of firespread.
- Huabsomboon, P., 3D filtered backprojection for local tomography, MS. Thesis, Oregon State University, 2000.
- Faridani, A., Buglione, K.A., Huabsomboon, P., Iancu, O.D. and McGrath, J., Introduction to local tomography, Contemporary Mathematics. 278 (2001) 29-47.
- Huabsomboon, P., An implicit level set model of firespread, Ph.D. Thesis, Old Dominion University, 2006.
- Lomthong P, Huabsomboon P, Tamagawa M. Image Segmentation Using Fast Implementation of Level Set Without Re-initialization. ICIC Express Letters Part B: Applications. January 2016; 7(1): 23-29.
- Lomthong P, Huabsomboon P, Kaneko H. Applications of Taylor Series Method to the Classical Love’s Equation. The 6th Conference on Science and Technology for Youths. Bangkok, Thailand. March 18-19, 2011.
- Lomthong P, Huabsomboon P, Kaneko H. A Modified Taylor Series Method to the Classical Love’s Equation. The 13th International Conference on Mathematical Methods and Computational Techniques in Electrical Engineering. Angers, France. November 17-19, 2011.
- Lomthong P, Huabsomboon P, Tamagawa M. Image segmentation using fast implementation of level set without re-initialization. The Tenth International Conference on Innovative Computing, Information and Control. Dalian, China, August 20-22, 2015.
- Lomthong P, Huabsomboon P, Tamagawa M. Development of level set in image segmentation with the Portable Extensible Toolkit for Scientific Computation. 2nd International Conference on Computational Methods in Engineering and Health Sciences. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. December 19 – 20, 2015.
- Huabsomboon, P., Implicit level set methods for a fire spread model, Proceedings of the 2nd ASIMMOD2007. (Chiang Mai), 2007.