Application for Admission to Bachelor of Science Program in Industrial Mathematics and Data Science (International Program) Faculty of Science, Mahidol University Thai University Central Admission System (TCAS), Round 4 Direct Admission Academic Year 2021
In accordance with Mahidol University Announcement on the Thai University Central Admission System (TCAS) Admission for academic year 2021 (round 4 Direct Admission). The Bachelor of Science Program in Industrial Mathematics and Data Science (International Program) is accepting 80 seats for enrollment and will hold an entrance examination to select students to be enrolled in the program as detailed below.
- Application Period
The application-filing period for the direct admission system by faculty of Science, Mahidol University (round 4), academic year 2021 opens June 3, 2021, and closes June 10, 2021. The online application is available at http://mathematics.sc.mahidol.ac.th/.
2. Application Details
2.1 Applicants must meet the following requirements.
2.1.1 The applicant must earn a 12-year secondary education diploma (or equivalent) approved by the Ministry of Education of Thailand, by the time of enrollment into the Program.
Certificate Equivalent to 12-year secondary education diploma
- An applicant who submits IGCSE must have GCE “AS” level or GCE “A” level with at least 3 different subjects and a minimum grade of C in each subject.
- An applicant who submits GED must pass 4 subjects with a minimum of 145 points in each subject.
- An applicant who submits an IB Diploma must pass 6 subjects with a total score of no less than 24 points, or an IB Diploma Course Results (IBCR) must pass 5 different subjects with no lower than Grade 3 in each subject.
2.1.2 The applicant must not have a contagious disease or serious illness or unsound mind which would be detrimental to his/her study.
2.1.3 The applicant must be hard-working, well-behaved with good manners.
2.1.4 It is the discretion of the Program Committee to make the final decision in cases where the above conditions are not met.
2.1.5 The applicant must not already have their names in other universities or institutions in Thailand. If the university later found that the applicant have their names in other universities or institutions, their names will be excluded from the student registration immediately according to the regulations regarding undergraduate study.
2.2 Application Instructions
2.2.1 Prepare the following application documents. All required documents must be scanned in electronic format (.jpg or .pdf with size less than 2MB) and uploaded before the application deadline.
- Two one-inch photographs in school uniform or formal dress.
- Official academic transcript:
An applicant currently completing his/her study in secondary education will need to submit/upload an interim transcript of his/her courses/results so far. The applicant will later need to submit the final official transcript by the time of enrollment into the Program.
An applicant completed and graduated from his/her study in secondary education will need to submit/upload the final official transcript.
- A personal statement giving plans of study and career (approximately 100 to 150 words).
- A recommendation letter from a teacher or advisor.
- A photocopy of the student identification card or passport.
- A photocopy of the student’s house registration. (if an applicant resides in Thailand)
- Test score (if any):
- Industrial Mathematics and Data Science Program: 6.0 IELTS, MU-TEST ≥ 45, SAT 400 within 2 years of the application date.
- Evidence of application fee in 2.3, i.e. payment slip from the bank.
2.2.2 Submit the application and application documents online at
2.2.3 After applying, an applicant who wishes to make an amendment must contact Khun Janyatorn Chaiwongsachanon, the Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science, Mahidol University, 272 Rama VI, Ratchathewi, Bangkok by email, firstname.lastname@example.org, or telephone 083 525 1707
2.3 Application fees
An application fee of 1,000 baht for each applicant is to be paid by transferring the fee into the bank account named “Mahidol University”, account number 016-210322-3, the Siam Commercial Bank, with the evidence of the transfer included in the application package as described in the application deadline.
3. Announcement of Students Eligible for Interview
June 11, 2021, at https://mathematics.sc.mahidol.ac.th/
June 14, 2021, details to be given at http://mathematics.sc.mahidol.ac.th/
5. Announcement of Accepted Students
June 15, 2021, details to be given at http://mathematics.sc.mahidol.ac.th/
6. Confirmation Period
June 17-18, 2021, details and other schedules about enrollment confirmation to be given at https://smartedu.mahidol.ac.th
June 3 – 10, 2021
Announcement of eligible applicants
June 11 , 2021
June 14, 2021
Announcement of accepted applicants
June 15, 2021
June 17-18, 2021
8. English Competence Standards for Undergraduate Students of Mahidol University
Undergraduate students must pass the criteria set for the English competency prior to their graduation. This is considered one of the requirements for the approval of an undergraduate degree as stated in Mahidol University Regulations on Diploma and Undergraduate Studies (Issue 5) B.E. 2559 (2016) announced on May 30, 2016, and Mahidol University Announcement on English Competence Standards for Undergraduate Students of Mahidol University B.E. 2563 (2020) announced on September 24, 2020, and a second announcement, announced on December 25, 2020.
9. Further Information
Please call the Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science, Mahidol University at
083 525 1707 or send email to email@example.com