How to apply
Applications for BSc Industrial Mathematics & Data Science can be made either directly through our online application system or via Thai University Central Admission System (TCAS). This page provides the information about the direct admission only. For more information about the admission through TCAS, please follow the announcement from the TCAS official website.
The program directly admits several rounds of applicants. For direct admission, an interview and/or written examinations are required. Overseas applicants are encouraged to apply via direct admission.
The following timetable is for the prospective students wishing to enroll in 2023. The dates will be updated as the information becomes available.
- Direct admission (round 1): TBA (expect: October)
- Direct admission (round 2): TBA (expect: November)
The following documents are required for the direct admission process:
- Two one-inch photographs in school uniform or formal dress
- An official academic transcript
- A personal statement (100-150 words) on future plans of study and/or career goals
- A recommendation letter from a teacher or counselor
- A photocopy of a student identification card or passport
- A photocopy of the house registration (Thai citizens only)
- An English test score as stated in the entry requirements section (if applicable)
- An academic portfolio (if applicable)
Applicants are required to make the application fee payment (1,000 THB) to the following account before their documents are officially processed.
|The Actuarial Science Program
Siam Commercial Bank, Ramathibodi Branch
Applicants are required to complete and submit the application form. Details of the most up-to-date application form will be posted here when it becomes available.
The entry requirements for the direct admission of BSc Industrial Mathematics & Data Science are given in this section.
A 12-year education diploma or equivalent is required. Specifically, the applicant must satisfy one of the following conditions:
- The applicant has to graduate from Matthayom Suksa 6 of Secondary Education in Thailand (M.6), or high school, or its equivalent certificates or studying in the final term of grade 12 or M.6 or equivalent.
- The applicant who submits IGCSE must have GCE “AS” level or GCE “A” level with at least 3 different subjects and a minimum grade of C in each subject.
- The applicant who submits GED must pass 4 subjects with a minimum of 145 points in each subject
- The applicant who submits an IB Diploma must pass 6 subjects with a total score of no less than 24 points, or an IB Diploma Course Results (IBCR) must pass 5 different subjects with no lower than Grade 3 in each subject.
The applicant must pass the entrance examination in Mathematics given by the Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science, Mahidol University.
The applicant must demonstrate his/her proficiency in listening, speaking, reading, and written English by providing evidence of an English test score:
- IELTS ≥ 6.0
- TOEFL (CBT) ≥ 173
- MU-TEST ≥ 45
- SAT ≥ 400
Or other equivalent test scores within 2 years of the application dates.
The applicant should have no health or mental problems that could affect the study
The list of students accepted to the BSc Industrial Mathematics and Data Science program will be updated here. Note that our normal application processing time is approximately 6-8 weeks.